Signs of Termite Infestations
Termites are small bugs that look similar to larvae, ants, or other types of small insects. A colony of termites may be doing damage to your property and you may not notice it until it’s far too late. There are some tell-tale signs that termites are on your property so keep an eye out for the following signs.
- Hollow Wood: Termite colonies will chow down on the wood structures inside your home or business. While the outside of these structures may seem sound, the inside will hold all of the damage.
- Tunnels: In order to get inside wooden areas, termites will burrow themselves in and eat their way through. If you noticed strange tunnels on wood inside your home, you may have a termite issue on your hands.
Other evidence of termites include:
- Peeling paint that looks similar to water damage
- Discarded wings after swarming
- Soft spots in drywall or wallpaper
- Pinhole points in drywall
- Shelter tubes inside or outside foundation walls